Ballard’s hydrogen fuel cells provide flexible, modular and highly reliable products for stationary power generation and backup applications
With a rated power range from several kWs to multiple MWs, Ballard’s flexible fuel cell product platforms provide a reliable system for continuous and backup power applications.
- Flexible and modular design minimizes space requirements
- Scalable DC power output from 200kW to 1.2 MWs
- Cabinet configurations with easy access doors and all interfaces’ connections situated in front for accessible service and maintenance
- Standalone, skid mounted, or container solutions are available.
- >25,000 operating hours between overhaul (or refurbishment)
Key advantages of FCwaveTM-PowerGen for stationary systems
Low life cycle cost
The system offers a low total-cost-of ownership, achieved through product performance optimization, the usage of common components across different platforms as well as low maintenance requirements.
Flexible and modular solution
FCwaveTM is built in 200kW modules which facilitate scalable output and flexible integration. With an extremely compact footprint, 3 modules (600kW) in a skid with DC/DC conversion and up to 6 module (1.2MW DC) in a container with option of DC/AC conversion and batteries using only 5.5 M2 of floor space.
FCwaveTM is certified to stationary fuel cell power generator requirements as per EU, ATEX and CSA standards. The module also includes a secondary protection barrier, which separates ATEX Zone Class 2 zones from non-hazardous zones, therefore the installation room does not require a “Hazardous Zone” classification.