Ballard’s 200 kilowatt system, FCwave™, is specifically designed to provide zero-emission power to marine vessels. The culmination of product development and field experience based on more than 50 million kilometers of heavy-duty vehicle operation, Ballard’s FCwave™ fuel cell module is tested and certified for operation in marine environments. The module is scalable from 200 kilowatts to megawatts to suit a broad range of inland and costal vessels like ferries and barges.
Key advantages of Ballard’s FCwaveTM Marine Module:
Modular, Scalable Power
- Built in 200 kilowatt modules, FCwave facilitates scalable power output and flexible integration onto the marine vessel.
Low Lifecycle Cost
- Low total-cost-of-ownership, achieved through product performance optimization, common components across product platforms and low maintenance requirements.
Ease of Integration
- The module is integrated into a clean-lined cabinet with easy access doors and all interfaces accessible from the front for service and maintenance.
- Designed hand-in-hand with industry to withstand the rigors of the marine environment and meet the most stringent safety standards.
- The same Ballard fuel cell technology powering FCwave™ is already proving itself in more than 3,000 fuel cell electric trucks and buses deployed in China, Europe and North America.
- Customizable power output from 200 kilowatts to megawatts
- Flexible and modular design minimizes the space required in a marine vessel
- All interface connections situated at the bottom of the module for integration into false floor
- Use proven components from Ballard's portfolio to capitalize on high volume and lower cost
- Remote monitoring and diagnostics
Contact one of our fuel cell experts to get information on Ballard's marine solutions.